April 28, 2021
For immediate release
TransAqua announces 2021 compost season opening and hours of operation
RIVERVIEW, N.B. – TransAqua, the Greater Moncton Wastewater Commission, announced today that its 2021 compost sales will begin on Tuesday, May 4, at its compost facility located at 399 Delong Drive in Moncton.
Extended spring hours – May 4 to June 25, 2021
Monday to Saturday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sundays and holidays Closed
Regular summer and fall hours – June 28 to October 29, 2021
Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Weekends and holidays Closed
The last customer arrival is at 3:45pm when the gates will be closed!
The public is advised that the compost site will be closed on the following holidays: Victoria Day (Monday, May 24); Canada Day (Thursday, July 1); New Brunswick Day (Monday, Aug. 2); Labour Day (Monday, Sept. 6); and Thanksgiving (Monday, Oct. 11). The compost facility will close for the season to the public on Friday, October 29, at 4 p.m.
Free compost is available to residents of Moncton, Dieppe and Riverview who wish to self-load compost into their own vehicles/containers. Should residents prefer not to self-load, TransAqua staff will load vehicles using a small tractor (i.e. non-commercial trailer and/or pickup-type truck) for a flat fee of $7.00 for one bucket full, $14.00 for two buckets and $20.00 for 3 buckets that is equivalent to one cubic yard.
Due to the pandemic and following the New Brunswick Public Health Guidelines, TransAqua is taking measures to ensure the safety of our essential service employees, students and the public. Such measure include;
- Self-loading compost bins designed for two vehicles will only be assigned to one car. Two additional compost bins have been constructed;
- A maximum of two people per vehicle from the same family to shovel outside in the same compost bin will be permitted. If there are more people in the car they will have to stay inside the vehicle;
- The office door will be closed and locked. TransAqua’s employees will interact with public through an open window similar to a restaurant drive thru window. There will be physical distancing markings on the ground to ensure the public to keep people two meters apart while submitting their compost invoice and payment as required. Signage will be in place;
- Pens used for completing compost invoices will be sanitized between customers;
- Physical distancing signs will be posted around the compost site. Other signs will also be posted to direct people to a self-loading lane or a TransAqua loading lane;
- A portable toilet and hand wash station to be on-site for public use only. Disinfectant will be provided and signage will invite the public to spray surfaces prior and after use. This washroom will also be sanitized periodically during the day by TransAqua employees;
- All TransAqua employees in the compost public areas will wear a face shield, gloves, steel toe boots and safety vest;
- TransAqua employees will be monitoring public flow to ensure 2 meters distancing at the compost site;
- Only cash, credit (Mastercard, Visa and American Express) and debit cards will be accepted; and
- Self-loading customers must bring their own shovel. TransAqua will not be providing shovels.
TransAqua thanks its loyal and new customers for its patience and understanding during this pandemic and wish you happy gardening in 2021!
The compost loading fee will be waived for members of the Canadian military and veterans, as well as current and retired members of the RCMP. (Proper ID must be shown.) This is a token of our thanks and support for those who keep our community and country safe every day. Our compost is designated as Category A by the Canadian Council of the Ministers of the Environment (CCME) and CQA – managed by Compost Council of Canada, which are the highest compost certifiable quality standards achievable in Canada. We are happy to give back to the community. We’re looking forward to being part of Greater Moncton’s gardens and landscapes again this year.
More information regarding the quality of TransAqua’s compost can be found on TransAqua’s website at . Please sign up to receive updates and information from TransAqua. Detailed product information sheets are also available
at the Delong Drive compost facility. Residents may also contact the compost facility by calling 387-7977. Please note that compost is not available at TransAqua’s wastewater treatment facility in Riverview.
TransAqua, the Greater Moncton Wastewater Commission, (www.transaqua.ca) was established in 1983 to support the wastewater collection and treatment needs of the Dieppe, Moncton and Riverview tri-community. Since then, it has developed a 34.2 kilometre collection network and a treatment facility to best deliver on this mandate. It has also become a leader in the reuse of biosolids through the generation of high quality compost as opposed to disposal in a landfill site.
TransAqua / Greater Moncton Wastewater Commission